Spring Commencement 2021
Graduation is an exciting time and occasion for which all graduates, their families and friends should be proud. Congratulations to the Class of 2021!
Veteran's Military Recognition Ceremony
The Veteran’s Military Recognition Ceremony will be held on Friday, April 23, at 9:00 a.m, in St. Marys Pentagon. Graduates participating in the ceremony will be contacted individually with additional details.
On Friday, April 23, 2021, two Commencement Ceremonies will be held in St. Marys Pentagon.
All graduates must check in 1/2 hour prior to their School Commencement ceremony.
School of Engineering
School of Maritime Education and Training
Commencement Start Time: 11:00 a.m.
- Engineering Majors
- Marine Transportation
- Marine Operations
- Small Vessel Operations
school of business, science and humanities
Commencement Start Time: 1:00 p.m.
- Maritime Studies
- International Transportation and Trade
- Marine Environmental Science
- All Graduate Degree Programs
Each graduate will be allowed 2 guests only. No exceptions will be made. Tickets will be sent to graduates electronically. Each event will be livestreamed for those guests who are unable to attend in person (livestream link to follow).
- NYS outdoor social gathering requires the event to be limited to 200 people
- Masks are mandatory for graduates and their guests
- No food or beverages will be allowed
- Visitors should refrain from large social gatherings on campus grounds prior to and after each ceremony
Commencement Attire for Graduates
The appropriate attire for cadets is the salt and pepper uniform.
Officers should wear the appropriate service uniforms. Cadets will be inspected for proper grooming, and those failing to meet grooming standards will not be permitted to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
Civilians and Graduate Degree Students
The appropriate attire for civilian and graduate degree students is a cap and gown.
- School of Engineering, Sept. 2020
- School of Maritime Education and Training, Sept. 2020
- School of Business, Science and Humanities, Sept. 2020