What is ABET Accreditation?
ABET accreditation is assurance that a college or university program meets the quality standards established by the profession for which it prepares its students. ABET has four accreditation commissions:
(1) Engineering Accreditation Commission, i.e., EAC,
(2) Technology Accreditation Commission, TAC,
(3) Applied Science Accreditation Commission, ASAC, and
(4) Computing Accreditation Commission.
Why Is ABET accreditation important?
• Accreditation helps students and their parents choose quality college programs.
• Accreditation enables employers to recruit graduates they know are well-prepared.
• Accreditation is used by registration, licensure, and certification boards to screen applicants.
• Accreditation gives colleges and universities a structured mechanism to assess, evaluate, and improve the quality of their programs.
Maritime College's Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Facilities Engineering programs are accredited by EAC.