American Red Cross Lifeguarding
American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course
CANCELLED DUE TO LOW ENROLLMENT
Candidates must be 15 years or older, strong swimmers, and pass a rigorous pre-test which includes:
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Complete a timed swim event within 1 minute, 40 seconds consisting of:
· Starting in the water, swim 20 yards to deep end of the pool
· Surface dive to a depth of 10 to 20 feet to retrieve a 10- pound object
· Return to the surface, swim 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point & must exit the water with out using a ladder or steps before time is up
The full 25 hour and 20 minute course hours must be attended, in addition to passing all tests. Makeup classes are not offered (unless a class cancellation is required by the college). The college does not issue a refund if a participant fails the final written/swim test or fails for not attending any of the ARC required 25.20 course hours.
If you would like to receive e-mail notifications regarding our next session's registration, course schedule, & free demo classes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 718-409-4955.
Please also be sure to LIKE us on Facebook!