General Requirements

Every time you travel, you must have the correct documents with you: valid passport, valid visa, form I-20, form I-94, Maritime College student ID and health insurance card. This checklist will help you track what else you may need.

Any time your travel plans will affect your coursework, you must tell your professors. Missing classes may affect your academic standing. If you are in the regiment, you must apply for special liberty.

If you plan to travel outside the United States, you must make an appointment with the international student advisor, who will sign page 3 of your form I-20. You do not need to get page 3 signed for travel within the United States.

Make sure you give yourself enough time to renew your passport and/or visa if necessary before you travel. You will not be allowed to re-enter the United States without the proper immigration documents.

If you plan to travel to Canada, click here.